Chitika

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Woman Vs Squirrel

Squirrel looking for goodies to tuck away

Image by orcmid via Flickr

The battle continues.  Last night I found yet another possible entrance for this thing…I’m being invaded on all ends.  Still guessing its a squirrel, due to the sheer amount of damage and destructiveness.  One corner of my living room is now missing about a 2-3 inch by 6ish inch patch of carpeting.  Why?  Apparently just cause it can.  Also found what looks to be squirrel droppings in my daughter’s clothes drawers.  Yeah, thanks for making more work for me you little shit.  Anyone know of any cheap and easy squirrel deterrent?  I’ve already tried Peppermint Oil…apparently that isn’t phasing this guy…or I need to refresh certain cotton balls.  Its worked on the mice, but this squirrel is bound and determined to get in here.  Dad’s supposed to come over today, lets see how THAT goes.

In other news:

This has actually been a fairly productive morning, at least as far as cleaning goes.  I’m still really tired, but I had to clean up some of Kidlet’s mess, and make things look semi-presentable in here.  There’s still much more to do, as always, but I’ve gotten a decent start.  And now its time to focus on writing and things of that nature.

Yesterday was grocery shopping day.  Is the price of food ever going to go DOWN?  I only have to feed two people, and it costs me over $400 a month to do so.  I know I can cut some things out, but not a lot.  Its ridiculous!  And I buy mostly ingredients, not premade meals.  I can’t wait for spring and garden season, that should help cut some of my grocery bill down.  And the produce won’t be tasteless and over handled.

My brother Jeff and his wife and daughter are due to arrive at some point today.  Hoping Dad can migrate his way over here before they get here.  Kristin and Matt had a false alarm with the baby last night, was rather glad I had bought my baby shower gift already!  This is going to be a busy weekend, with Kristin’s baby shower and Jeff’s visit.  One thing that’s really bugging me is the fact that I can’t remember if I got my niece a Glow Worm.  Its my traditional gift, and I know I bought one for Mikey and now one for the new baby-to-be, but I can’t recall if I gave one to Sam or not.  I’m pretty sure she was the first one, but now I’m all unsure.  Don’t you hate that?  Guess I’ll have to ask Jeff if I did or not.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin