Chitika

Thursday, January 7, 2010

What A Morning!

Potato (Aloo)

Image via Wikipedia

The day started out innocently enough too.  Woke up on time, Kidlet got ready for school, and then we ended up sideways.  Literally.  I was driving down the road and hit a slick spot while going down a small hill.  I had to crawl out of the car through the passenger side door, and then walk up the road to grab my Dad.  I couldn’t get out.  I now know that our road is exactly the length of my car from snow bank to snow bank!  Fortunately no one got hurt, and there is only very minor damage to the car.  Hitting icy snow banks is always a no win situation for a vehicle.  At any speed.  So I ended up having to drive Kidlet to school, instead of her taking the happy little school bus.  Again.

Anyone know what critter could drag/carry a decent sized potato from the kitchen to in between my washer and dryer?  I know for a fact that it wasn’t there yesterday, and I even know where exactly the potato came from.  My nephew is always getting into my potatoes when he comes over (he has an obsession with apples right now) and this one was right next to the soda, right by the bag.  Now how did it get all the way down the hall and between my washer and dryer?  I don’t know, didn’t think mice were quite that strong.  Kidlet also found one of her PlayDough’s there.  Still in the container.  Hmm, this is a puzzle.  I hate critters.  If it is a critter of some sort (don’t see how it couldn’t be), I’m not too sure where it is coming from.  My guess would have to be the hot water heater portion of the closet, since I saw acorns in there (only like 4).  I hear critters moving around a lot, but its hard to tell if its outside, inside or underneath.  Tin walls suck!

Now my day will consist of writing.  I have book reviews to do, articles to write, and I’m participating (sort of) in LAFFN (Let’s All Finally Finish A Novel).  I guess I’m a glutton for punishment!

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin