Chitika

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

One Little Word…

Good morning!  Yesterday was actually fairly productive.  I started a book review, submitted three articles that I had been sitting on, and wrote a couple of blog posts.  I am trying to develop routines for the house as well, and started a morning one which worked out well.  But it leaves things out that need to be taken care of.  I only give myself an hour to do it, and the one I have just about eats it all up.  I think my next step will be a mid-morning routine.  I noticed that I start to fade out around 10 or 11, that my brain disengages from writing.  So that seems like a natural time to insert a mid-morning routine to do a few odds and ends, and recharge my brain for some more writing.  I’d rather get an hour of decent writing then 8 hours of zoning and drifting around.

Balance: Rocks
Balance: Rocks Art Print
Buy at AllPosters.com

If I had to pick one word for 2010 to explain my goals and focus, it would have to be balance.  I first heard about One Little Word from Polly at Sotto Voice.  One Little Word was created by Ali Edwards, and the premise is that you choose one word to focus on through the coming year.  You can read all about this wonderful idea here and here.  Balance is something I desperately need in my life.  I tend to roam from one extreme to the other, though not in mood, and that always leaves me with lots of little pieces (and sometimes rather large pieces) laying around.  I’ve gotten stuck in a case of this verses that.  Either my house is near spotless and my writing is nonexistent, or I focus on my writing and my house is in shambles.  That’s just one example.  There are many more!

What’s your one little word for 2010?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin