Chitika

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Happy New Year!

An Indian woman housekeeps work.

Image via Wikipedia

Only 5 days late.  But boy have I been busy!  I made goals for the new year, and for once started carrying them out immediately.  I cleaned the house Friday, Sat and Sunday.  I got in closets, moved furniture, the works.  Still have to finish the bedroom though, as I also spent the weekend shoveling.  Remind me of that next time I say I want more exercise!  I’ve decided to get rid of quite a bit, and some of the “junk” has already left in the hands of either my Mom or Kristin.  I’m so glad to get rid of it!

My House Was Clean Last Week
Buy at AllPosters.com

Obviously, my first “resolution” was to get my house clean, so I could move on to other goals.  Being a single Mom, my house can get pretty messy, and in some ways I use the junk and mess as my own personal little fortress.  World stay out, me stay in basically.  But sadly, that holds me back from actually going after what I want, because I can’t do this because I have to clean, or I can’t do that because I have to clean.  I got tired of being in a perpetual state of “cleaning”.  And when I wasn’t cleaning, the mess was distracting me from what I was doing, such as writing.  Clutter is a pain in the ASS!  I love that wooden sign above, that fits my normal cleaning cycle!

Great, its snowing again.  Like three days of nothing but snow wasn’t enough.  We ended up getting an easy two feet, probably more.  Clean up was fun, since I kept running out of places to put the silly snow!  On Sunday Dad couldn’t get the plow truck up my driveway, so I had to shovel a lot of it by hand.  Fortunately we managed to get the truck in yesterday (amid a lot of hassle) so he could finish, as there was NO WAY I was going to manage it all by myself.  I got the top portion done, and it killed me.  We had kept it clear Friday and Sat, then by Sunday morning we had another foot to clean up.  And it was all sticky, wet, heavy snow to boot.

056This is the view of the middle portion of the driveway…hard to tell how much snow there is.

057  It doesn’t look that deep here, but this is the top portion of the driveway, well part of it anywho.

058 Anyone want some snow?  This is the rest of the top portion.  Can you find the front of the car?  I couldn’t!  And yes, its STILL coming down.

By Sunday night, I was ready to scream if any more snow came down.  Or cry.  My body is really sore from all the cleanup, though I will count it as cardio and strength training!  Trying to look on the bright side. :)

Anyone else make any goals for 2010?  How are they going so far?

 

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin