Chitika

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

The Winter Blues

The Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree in New Y...

Image via Wikipedia

One thing I hate about winter is it constantly seems like a chore to do anything.  It gets dark too early, its too cold, it just breeds procrastination.  And with Christmas just around the corner, I don’t know about you but I cannot afford to procrastinate.  But its so easy to slip into silly things, and once again I find half a month gone before I’ve done what I’ve set out to do.

I can’t continue this way.  Fortunately all my shopping is done, so I do not need immediate income, but I do have to replenish my bank account before my bills are due.  Which means I have to write.  And lately that seems to be a huge struggle!  Especially with my Dad’s back being out, and myself having to be at his beck and call.  Though I am getting loads done, its not the most important work.  I know I’m being too hard on myself, but I just don’t know what else to do.  I’m a grade A perfectionist.

So I’m trying to redirect my energy back to my income producing work once more.  I do not wish to fail, as nothing else will give me the freedom I have thus enjoyed.  And with my family, I need that freedom…since I never know what could happen.  My Dad would have been high and dry had I not been home, and that could have been disastrous.

On the plus side, at least I’m catching it now, instead of the beginning of January.  What are you procrastinating on?

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin