Chitika

Monday, January 18, 2010

Hard Times Ahead

Going to the Sun U-Valley B&W

Image by Ken Lund via Flickr

Well, we have caught something in the rat trap that was set.  But it wasn’t a squirrel.  It was a RAT!  Apparently a loose pet rat, but a rat nonetheless.  And its been quiet…so either it found a red squirrel hole and moved in, or that was the culprit all along.  Hard to tell, especially with the recently dead red squirrels.

Because of all the damage, Dad has decided that this place is just one step shy of condemned.  So that means I need a new one, and none of us have the money for one.  Nothing can be done until spring, so I have to raise the money to purchase a new trailer (new to me).  That gives me at least 4 months, so things are going to be tight here…not that they aren’t already.

I’ll admit it, I’m extremely stressed out.  So stressed that I took a drive yesterday and ended up buying a pack of cigarettes.  I’ll go back to being quit afterwards, no matter how the stress is, because I can’t spend 5-6 bucks per pack.  That kind of money adds up fast.  And Dad is insisting on a cement pad (this one is on gravel), and it would be a great opportunity to have some of the land behind this one cleared out.  There is just too much damage to fix at this point, and its gotten to the point where its not worth it to fix it.  The main thing for me is the trailer…I have to stay close to my parents due to their health issues. No matter how much I’d rather run!

I’m putting a donate button on the blog for those of you who are so inclined.  Do not feel as if you HAVE to, do so only if you want to and can afford to.  The money will be going into a completely separate account then my main.  If you do donate, thank you in advance, it is greatly appreciated.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin