Chitika

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Crazy Times

Ugh, having my daughter home nearly all week has seriously messed up my schedule.  But I think it helped too, because I wasn’t ready to process all that has happened yet, and without processing it, I couldn’t come up with a workable solution.  Still not quite there yet, but all I can do is move forward.  At least I’m hoping that the rash of backsliding is done for this time around.

One bright side of all this mayhem is I’m journaling again.  And trying to get into the habit of daily journal pages, but at least weekly.  I carry too much inside me with no outlet.  While I haven’t blown yet, I have blown off steam…which has to be the most unhelpful thing I’ve ever done.  It really didn’t help with anything, and just seemed to add more feelings on top of it.  It wasn’t until I set my thoughts and feelings down on paper that I started making sense of the whirling thoughts.

Still have no plan though.  The first step for me I think will be coming up with a daily routine and sticking to it.  My days tend to be very unstructured in even the most basic sense.  Which is nice to some extent, but I think having even a little structure in my day will help.  And this includes weekends and other days when Kidlet is home.  It especially should help me solve the big balance issue!

Boulders on the Beach

On the rodent front, its been quiet.  I might have heard a bit of noise last night, but its hard to tell with all the snow.  Personally I want all the damage fixed already, but it takes two people and getting Matt’s help is like pulling teeth.  Especially with Dad’s back the way it is now.  I just have to suck it up for a little bit I suppose…though I’m still shaken by that damn rodent!  I hate them all with a passion, when they are in my home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin