Chitika

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

A New Month Has Started

And my goal is not to sleep through most of it like I did October.  That is the one downside to working from home…oh, I think I want to take a nap.  Five hours later, nothing has gotten done.  Not really the best business model.  In fact, its a good way to lose your shirt if you don’t have backup.  Fortunately I haven’t lost my shirt yet, but its getting close.  Unless I actually WORK from home.  Ahh the rub…

Since its November, I’m engaged in NaNoWriMo, so I’m at least starting the month off right.  Anyone else doing NaNoWriMo out there?  Feel free to leave a comment with your link and I’ll add you as a buddy.  Can’t have too much support, 50k is a lot of words.  I get inspired when I see everyone else’s word counts, brings out the competitive edge I guess.  My NaNoWriMo project is tentatively called The Blacksmith.  I’ve had this character attempting to tear me apart for a few months now, so I figured now would be a good time to let him out to tell his story.  Which honestly, I’m not 100% sure what it will be…the idea is currently about a blacksmith who ends up in another world that is completely different then what he’s used to…but we’ll have to see as the story progresses.

The Only 12 1/2 Writing Rules You'll Ever Need
Buy at AllPosters.com

I really do need to get far more disciplined about writing…a couple of articles a month aren’t cutting it.  Especially since I want to add a few more projects on, add some more income work, plus NaNoWriMo.  How do other freelancers do it?  I know some of you out there have health problems, are single parents, and face challenges even harder then mine.  Advice, tips, and in the case of some of you, a beat down are all welcome. :) (For those of you who don’t know, or recently found this blog, I’m a single mother.  I have health issues thanks to Uncle Sam, as well as taking care of a disabled father and a mother with cancer.  Plus life and trying to make a living writing.  Gah.) 

Need more money…but don’t we all?


479 / 50000 words. 1% done!

 

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin