Chitika

Monday, November 23, 2009

Looking Back Through Time…

Recently I’ve spent a lot of time thinking about who I have been over the years, and the time that stands out the most is my high school years.  It was not only the busiest time of my life, but also my happiest.  I was on top of the world, and had years to accomplish all the things I dreamed about.

10 years later…I’ve lost those dreams, and have accomplished nothing.

When I was in high school, I was taking over 14 classes a year…well above and beyond the maximum 8 (4 classes per day).  I also was active in sports, particularly track and indoor track, and held down at least one job at any given time.  Never mind the really active social life of a teenager.  I think I averaged about 2 hours a sleep a night between all that, homework and household chores.  I balanced it all and had energy to spare.

What happened to that?  I went from never being able to say put for a minute, to having a hard time finding the energy and motivation to even do dishes, never mind anything else.  My discipline has disappeared, my motivation is shot, my energy nonexistent.  Did I burn out too young?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin