Chitika

Friday, September 11, 2009

Happy Patriot Day!

In honor of 9/11, I figured I'd do the obligatory "where were you when?" post.  Of course I remember exactly where I was, in the car heading to the recruiter's office...to be shipped out for basic training.  Yeah, talk about an auspicious beginning.  When I heard the news, I was glad I had volunteered to stay back an extra day due to overbooking.  My original ship out date was 9/11.  I was even MORE glad when we came home and I heard the flight numbers.  I was supposed to be on that plane!

That was one time I was extremely glad that I had listened to my intuition.

PS - Keep this quiet, my parents don't know, and I'd rather they didn't.  Somethings no parent ever needs to know. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin