Chitika

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Wasting Time

Me In Time

Image by AF-Photography via Flickr

One of my biggest problems is the inefficient use of my time.  I’m a pathological time waster these days.  Instead of focusing on what I want and what needs to be done, I spend my time on Twitter, forums, Yahoo Messenger, phone calls…the list just goes on and on.  I never used to be like this, but I have to accept that I am now…and start changing it.

When I was a teen, I had to make every moment count – I held three jobs, 12 classes a year, sports, homework…never mind actually having a social life.  But now, I have too much time.  My day isn’t structured by any outside forces, so I have to structure them myself.  And that’s a constant work in progress!  On a deep level, I want to cram as much living as possible with the natural time constraints we all have, but for whatever reason I find myself instead aimlessly shifting through space.  I know I can cram a lot into the 24 hours I have, so its not a lack of ability…nor is it a lack of desire.  But I think that until I figure out what truly lies at the bottom of my issues with time management, I will get no closer to the ultimate goal.  Time is passing without me.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin